For special Taste
All our products are manufactured and designed specifically to taste and present as professionally made and crafted desserts. In order to maintain the integrity of the desserts, we recommend the following guidelines:
- If your product has been delivered frozen then continue to store at -18 deg C. The “Best Before Date” on the label is the date which the product must be used if stored frozen.
- If your product was delivered thawed or if you have thawed your product then store in a cool room or refrigerated cabinet (2-4 Deg C) for 5 days from day of thawing.
- How long you need the product to thaw will depend on how cold your freezer or refrigerated display/cool room is. As a general guide the product needs a minimum of 4 hours for thawing.
- Rotation of stock is very important so always remember to put your new stock to the front of the cabinet (closest to the customer) and the older one towards the back (closest to where you serve from) so you serve the older stock first.
- Depending on the style of your outlet and the style of your cabinet, there are many ways to effectively display the cakes.
- Use a white plate/platter or place directly on a cake board onto the glass.
- Arrange the cakes in a neat pattern. If you keep your cakes for more than a day always change your plates and cover at the end of each shift.
- It is always a good idea to put “name tags” and/or product descriptions so your customer knows what each cake is (we are happy to provide these for you).
- Some displays may dry the product out depending on the velocity of the air flow and the humidity levels in the cabinet. If this is the case then you may not get the full shelf life of the products. You can try and place a bowl of water in the cabinet to increase the humidity
- To serve, always use a cake lifter to lift the cakes and place in the middle of the plate.
- Decorate the plate with a suitable coulis/sauce/dust with cocoa or icing sugar.
- Serve on a plate with a fork and napkin.